[Gluster-users] NFS mounts with glusterd on localhost - reliable or not?

Whit Blauvelt whit.gluster at transpect.com
Tue Jul 17 12:08:48 UTC 2012

Sorry my question was too vague. What I meant to ask is if it is possible,
since there is a conflict between the locking requests from the kernel's NFS
and from Gluster/fuse's NFS, that the kernel might be compiled so with some
or all of its NFS support disabled, so that then Gluster/fuse NFS-locking
would work.

Perhaps longer term there needs to be a way to have the kernel shut its NFS
locking attempts off, just if there is a userland NFS such as Gluster's
running. Meanwhile can enough of NFS be taken out of a custom kernel to
allow Gluster to lock?

Thanks,
Whit