[Gluster-users] RDMA "not fully supported" by GlusterFS 3.3.0 ?!

Joe Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Mon Jul 16 19:37:32 UTC 2012

On 07/16/2012 12:16 PM, Philippe Muller wrote:

> Here is what I found: - On page 123 of the "GlusterFS Administration
> Guide 3.3.0", a small note saying: "NOTE: with 3.3.0 release,
> transport type 'rdma' and 'tcp,rdma' are not fully supported."

I don't see this indicated in the 3.2.x series, though arguably, it
didn't work well (tcp,rdma or even pure rdma).  Last time it worked well
for us was the 3.0.x series.

I definitely see it now in the 3.3.0 docs.

Oh well.

Should we assume this is a feature deprecation and RDMA support will be
removed going forward?  Need to know soon for planning purposes ...

--
Joseph Landman, Ph.D
Founder and CEO
email: landman at scalableinformatics.com