[Gluster-users] NFS mounts with glusterd on localhost - reliable or not?

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Fri Jul 13 10:05:40 UTC 2012

On 07/13/2012 05:46 PM, David Coulson wrote:

> On 7/13/12 5:29 AM, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
>>
>> Killing the option to use NFS mounts on localhost is certainly quite
>> the opposite to my performance needs!
>>

> He was saying you can't run kernel NFS server and gluster NFS server at
> the same time, on the same host. There is nothing stopping you from
> mounting localhost:/volume on all your boxes. That is exactly how our
> 3.2.5 and 3.3.0 environments access volumes for the performance reasons
> you identified.

OK, but it deadlocks when we write, unless we use "sync" option, which
hurts the performance.

As mentioned by Rajesh Amaravathi:

	"This is a problem generic to fuse/userspace filesystems."

Mid term, are there any plans to deal with this problem?

I understand the fix may need to be partially done on the kernel side,
but it would be very beneficial to glusterfs.

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://www.ptraveler.com