[Gluster-users] Gluster v 3.3 with KVM and High Availability

Fernando Frediani (Qube) fernando.frediani at qubenet.net
Thu Jul 12 08:59:10 UTC 2012

Folks,
Gluster is not ready to run Virtual Machines at all. Yes you can build a 2 node cluster and live migrate machines, but the performance is poor and they need to do a lot of work on it yet.
I wouldn't put in production even a cluster with low performance web server VMs until this is solved. For Archive or Multimedia general storage maybe, but not to run VMs.
Perhaps someone is intending to integrate with RHEV (seems they are as it's going to be on oVirt 3.1 now) so they will put more effort to solve this problem that 10 of 10 of those who tested  are reporting the same thing.

Fernando