[Gluster-users] Gluster v 3.3 with KVM and High Availability

Brian Candler B.Candler at pobox.com
Thu Jul 12 06:42:20 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 06:06:44PM +0100, Brian Candler wrote:
> > But my understanding from reading previous posts on this
> > list is that using something other than a cache mode of none is
> > acceptable and safe with Gluster at least.
>
> cache=none is definitely what we want, but doesn't currently work with
> glusterfs.

And I forgot to add: since a KVM VM is a userland process anyway, I'd expect
a big performance gain when KVM gets the ability to talk to libglusterfs to
send its disk I/O directly, without going through a kernel mount (and hence
bypassing the kernel cache). It looks like this is being developed now:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2012-06/msg01745.html
You can see the performance figures at the bottom of that post.

Regards,

Brian.