[Gluster-users] "no gfid found" errors stall fix-layout

Dan Bretherton d.a.bretherton at reading.ac.uk
Tue Jan 17 12:24:31 UTC 2012

Dear All-
I have been having problems with rebalance ... self-heal again with
Glusterfs version 3.2.5, this time related to "no gfid found" errors.  A
fix-layout operation has stalled because errors like the following are
being reported for large number of files.

[2012-01-17 10:48:02.138837] W
[fuse-resolve.c:273:fuse_resolve_deep_cbk] 0-fuse:
/users/mvc/WORK/ORCA1/ORCA1-MV01-DIMGPROC/RUNTMP_Exp61/ORCA1-MV01_2D_y2007m01d05.dimgproc.020:
no gfid found

I thought GFID errors were being fixed in version 3.2.5.  How can I fix
these errors to allow rebalance...fix-layout to run normally?  I am also
very worried that the lack of GFID entries for files and directories
could stop file replication and other GlusterFS operations from working
properly.  All comments and suggestions would be much appreciated.

Regards
Dan.