[Gluster-users] gluster + firefox/sqlite

Harshavardhana harsha at gluster.com
Fri Jan 6 18:39:57 UTC 2012

Users have mounted /home for years now, its nothing new. Many
customers/use use NIS/LDAP based authentication for users home
directories/application runs etc.

People have even used GlusterFS for remote booting mechanism over PXE.
 Gordan Bobic was the last one i heard who was running this
successfully to build a cluster of farms. Possibly used self-heal in
replicate to provision operating system on new boxes.

Firefox and sqlite interaction has been kind of whacky in the past.
Firefox had a bug back then which would cause it to corrupt itself.
Some have solved their problems by mounting the server side with some
user_xattr (if its ext3/ext4), possibly firefox uses 'user' domain
xattrs.

Detailed description of Operating system, Firefox version and
GlusterFS would help.

Giovanni can you open a bug for this, so that we can track the
discussion there?.

Thank you.

-Harsha