[Gluster-users] What are the most stable iterations of Gluster so far?

Whit Blauvelt whit.gluster at transpect.com
Thu Jan 5 18:31:57 UTC 2012

Just a general question to the group: What's the current feeling about the
most stable releases so far? I've got several different instances of 3.1.4
gluster clusters running in undemanding circumstances for many months
without incident (aside from the known group-ownership issues). Since my
priority isn't new features, but the most dependable roll-out of the core, I
keep wondering when and if I should upgrade.

At some point geo-rep and good VM support will matter to me, but that will
be in other contexts on fresh storage. For the core features, has there been
anything to strongly motivate moving ahead from 3.1.4?

Thanks,
Whit