[Gluster-users] Gluster volume "Operation failed"

David Enrique Espejo Rodriguez despejo at ifxcorp.com
Tue Jan 3 15:25:31 UTC 2012

Good morning

We have two bricks with a replicated volume, and we are trying to add another volume to the same pair of bricks but the command
Gluster volume create volume1 brick1:/volumemnt brick2:/volumemnt

Fails with "Another operation is in progress, please retry after some time"

Also, trying in one of the bricks, issuing the command

Gluster volume create volume 1 brick1:/volumemnt

In order to further add the second bricks fails with a "Operation failed" message

Some ideas of adding a second replicated volume in this scenario?

Thanks