[Gluster-users] Gluster Management Console

Scudamore, Peter Peter.Scudamore at pgi.com
Wed Feb 29 19:23:12 UTC 2012

Hi,

I am trying to set up the Gluster Management Console (backend servers - centos 6, glusterfs 3.3beta2, management gateway - centos 6). I can launch the java app and make it through the password changing screen. Then I choose "register" and input the cluster name and the IP of one of the backend servers.

I made it through the part where I had to set the root password on the backend server to syst3m in order for the management gateway to set up password-less authentication.

Then a pop-up windows shows "sync-ing servers". This goes away and I am left with a huge error message. The first part says [500][Fetching volume options info failed! [Error during unmashalling string...

The rest of the error window looks to contain a "gluster volume set help-xml" from the backend server. I performed this command on the backend server to verify that the XML is returning properly and I am not getting the "chopped-off-xml-issue" reported by other users.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Peter

Peter Scudamore
CCNP, CCDP, MCSE, SCSA
PGi, Senior Systems Engineer

Office: 719.457.2791
Fax: 877.573.6350
Globalmeet(r) room: https://premiere.globalmeet.com/Scudamore
iMeet(r) room: https://www.imeet.com/PeterScudamore<https://imeet.com/PeterScudamore> 17198670487x973275#

Follow us [cid:image002.jpg at 01CBC3A1.6343A680] <http://www.facebook.com/#!/PgiFans> [cid:image003.jpg at 01CBC3A1.6343A680] <http://twitter.com/PGiMeetTweet> [cid:image004.jpg at 01CBC3A1.6343A680] <http://www.youtube.com/user/PGiPremiereGlobal> [cid:image005.jpg at 01CBC3A1.6343A680] <http://blog.pgi.com/>