[Gluster-users] What about ZFS ?

Anh Quach anh at blackandcode.com
Wed Feb 22 20:55:10 UTC 2012

Sorry for the newb questions… I'm pretty new to Gluster. If I'm understanding correctly, you can /create/ a Gluster volume with Solaris/Opensolaris ZFS bricks, but you can't actually /mount/ the filesystem unless you've got a node that can run the native GlusterFS client - hence no access to the volume for any read/write operations w/out the Linux head. That head node would then export NFS should you choose to… ?

Have you had any luck w/ zfsonlinux (or anyone else on this list..)?

Thanks!

Anh Quach
Technical Director

DIGITALKITCHEN | 8695 Washington Blvd Suite 206, Culver City, CA 90232 | V 310.499.9255  F 310.559.6647 | THISISDK.COM