[Gluster-users] Please Help- XenSever - "The NFS server version is unsupported Check your settings and try again"

Matthew Mackes matthewmackes at deltasoniccarwash.com
Mon Feb 13 15:48:35 UTC 2012

Hello Everyone,

I am having an issue that I hope someone might have some information about.

I have a Xen Server Version 6 Host Cluster that I am attempting to use
Gluster as the NFS storage repository for.

I have two Gluster storage servers, both are running the latest
stable, and CentOS 6.2.

Both Gluster storage servers are setup for Replicated Volumes, and are
working well.

In order for XenServer to allow me to mount the Gluster NFS, I have
set using one of the Gluster Machines (The first) to port 2049. This
change instantly replicated to the second Gluster server in the pool.

(First server (Working with Xen))
gluster> volume info

Volume Name: xen-volume
Type: Replicate
Number of Bricks: 2
Transport-type: tcp
Bricks:
Brick1: 10.10.135.10:/BRICK-STORAGE
Brick2: 10.10.135.11:/BRICK-STORAGE
Options Reconfigured:
nfs.port: 2049
gluster>

(Second server (Not Working with Xen-"The NFS server version is
unsupported Check your settings and try again" )

gluster> volume info

Volume Name: xen-volume
Type: Replicate
Number of Bricks: 2
Transport-type: tcp
Bricks:
Brick1: 10.10.135.10:/BRICK-STORAGE
Brick2: 10.10.135.11:/BRICK-STORAGE
Options Reconfigured:
nfs.port: 2049

Here is the issue.

If I attempt to mount the first Gluster storage server in the Xen
Administrative Console (Xen center), the Scan button reports an NFS
error, but if I choose finish, it does mount the storage, and it works
very well. The vm's also replicate to the second gluster storage
server.

 If I attempt to mount the second Gluster storage server in the Xen
Administrative Console (Xen center), I receive the error back:

"The NFS server version is unsupported Check your settings and try again.:

I receive this error for the second server, even when:
1. The first server was never mounted
2. Both servers are a clean new installs, and contain no data.
3.Both installs are CentOS base installs, and I add in packages as I need them

So, the first server always mounts (but with an error during the test
scan), the second never does, giving the error NFS version is
unsupported.

*The second server also cannot be mounted as a ISO NFS share.
* The second server also cannot be mounted on a normal Fedora 16
workstation (My workstation).
It seems as if once the NFS port has been changed in Gluster the
second server (in replication) becomes inaccible via NFS)

I hope someone has some ideas. Thank you everyone for reading and your help.

Matt

--
Matthew Mackes
Delta Sonic CWS, Buffalo N.Y.