[Gluster-users] Reducing a volume

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Sun Feb 12 23:37:20 UTC 2012

Hi all,

the third issue I encountered today: How do I tell gluster to remove two
bricks of my six-brick-two-replica volume without loosing data?

As far as I understand the docs, I can add bricks, I can rebalance the
existing data to also use the additional bricks, I can also remove bricks and
get asked if I really want to do that because of data-loss.
But how do I tell gluster to rebalance the data to free bricks for removal?
Is something like pvmove available for gluster?

Thanks for your input, don't hesitate to point me to the docs, I am known to
misunderstand and forget.

Have fun,

Arnold