[Gluster-users] GFIDs not showing up as extended attributes

Kent Nasveschuk knasveschuk at mbl.edu
Thu Feb 9 21:03:36 UTC 2012

OK thanks, I see them now. I wish I could have found somewhere where that was documented, or a post someone made referring to that.

This all came about because a directory exists from the user view that I wanted to delete. When trying to delete it said "directory not empty" from the user view. On the node side 1 node node still contained data in the directory. I think the directory was added during testing, no sure how.

(glusterfs mounted on /glusterfs_distribute01 )
[root at nas1 ~]# ls /glusterfs_distribute01/IT2/

(XFS file syste mounted on each node on distribute01/)

[root at clus-node1 ~]# ls /distribute01/IT2
[root at clus-node2 ~]# ls /distribute01/IT2
[root at clus-node3 ~]# ls /distribute01/IT2
omero_data
[root at clus-node4 ~]# ls /distribute01/IT2

[root at nas1 ~]# rm -Rf /glusterfs_distribute01/IT2
rm: cannot remove directory `/glusterfs_distribute01/IT2': Directory not empty

So gluster nodes don't agree on the backend with the directory contents. I attempted rebalance "fix-layout" and rebalance "migrate-data" didn't seem to make a difference with that 1 directory "IT2".

Kent