[Gluster-users] GFIDs not showing up as extended attributes

Kent Nasveschuk knasveschuk at mbl.edu
Thu Feb 9 16:42:09 UTC 2012

I am runing CenOS 5.7 on 4 nodes with gluster 3.2.5. I have 1
distributed volume with 1 brick on each node:
[root at clus-node1 ~]# gluster volume info

Volume Name: distribute01
Type: Distribute
Number of Bricks: 4
Transport-type: tcp
Bricks:
Brick1: cln1:/distribute01
Brick2: cln2:/distribute01
Brick3: cln3:/distribute01
Brick4: cln4:/distribute01
Options Reconfigured:
performance.write-behind: on
performance.cache-size: 256MB

The file system for each brick is XFS mounted as such:
[root at clus-node1 ~]# mount
/dev/sdb1 on /distribute01 type xfs (rw,noatime,nodiratime)

Using the native gluster client 3.2.5, on another server, I've mounted
volume "distribute01"
[root at nas1 ~]# mount
glusterfs#172.30.5.18:/distribute01 on /glusterfs_distribute01 type fuse
(rw,allow_other,default_permissions,max_read=131072)

I have yet to find any file/directory with extended attribute,
expecially "trusted.gfid" (don't know what other attributes may be
used). I can set an attribute through the gluster client mounted file
system:

[root at nas1 ~]# setfattr -n user.foo  -v
test /glusterfs_distribute01/IT/test.txt
[root at nas1 ~]# attr -l /glusterfs_distribute01/IT/test.txt
Attribute "foo" has a 4 byte value
for /glusterfs_distribute01/IT/test.txt
[root at nas1 ~]# getfattr -n user.foo /glusterfs_distribute01/IT/test.txt
getfattr: Removing leading '/' from absolute path names
# file: glusterfs_distribute01/IT/test.txt
user.foo="test"

setfattr -x user.foo /glusterfs_distribute01/IT/test.txt

The file system supports extended attributes, however there are NO
attributes associated with any files or directories.

Logs are full of "no gfid found"

If I run attr -l <any file> returns nothing

Any help would be appreciated, seems like a gross misconfiguration
somewhere.