[Gluster-users] Concurrency limitation?

Brian Candler B.Candler at pobox.com
Tue Feb 7 19:24:17 UTC 2012

On Tue, Feb 07, 2012 at 09:47:50AM -0800, Mohit Anchlia wrote:
> Fuse has a limitation where in requests become single threaded at the
> server layer.

Can you explain what you mean by "the server layer" in FUSE?

I can certainly see concurrent requests coming through the glusterfs native
client.

> I had opened a bug but have not got any traction so far.

Have you got a bug ID or URL?

> Adding more concurrent connections starts to do lot of context
> switching at FUSE layer. This is an inherent limitation.

I would certainly expect to see context switching between the client process
and the FUSE process, but right now that doesn't appear to be the limiting
factor.