[Gluster-users] Meta-discussion

John Mark Walker johnmark at redhat.com
Thu Dec 27 23:53:46 UTC 2012

I invite all sorts of disagreeable comments, and I'm all for public discussion of things - as can be seen in this list's archives. But, for better or worse, we've chosen the approach that we have. Anyone who would like to challenge that approach is welcome to take up that discussion with our developers on gluster-devel. This list is for those who need help using glusterfs.

I am sorry that you haven't been able to deploy glusterfs in production. Discussing how and why glusterfs works - or doesn't work - for particular use cases is welcome on this list. Starting off a discussion about how the entire approach is unworkable is kind of counter-productive and not exactly helpful to those of us who just want to use the thing.

Sean Fulton <sean at gcnpublishing.com> wrote:

I didn't think his message violated any of your rules. Seems to me he
has some disagreements with the approach being used to develop Gluster.
I think you should listen to people who disagree with you.

 From monitoring this list for more than a year and
tried--unsuccessfully--to put Gluster into production use, I think there
are a lot of people who have problems with stability.

So please, can you respond to his comments with why his suggestions are
invalid?

sean