[Gluster-users] how well will this work
mfidelman at meetinghouse.net
Thu Dec 27 23:47:29 UTC 2012
John Mark Walker wrote:
> In general, I don't recommend any distributed filesystems for VM images, but I can also see that this is the wave of the future.
Ok. I can see that.
Let's say that I take a slightly looser approach to high-availability:
- keep the static parts of my installs on local disk
- share and replicate dynamic data using gluster
- failover by rebooting on a different node (no image to worry about
In this scenario, how well does gluster work when:
- storage and processing are inter-mixed on the same nodes
- data is triply replicated (allow for 2-node failures)
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice.
In practice, there is. .... Yogi Berra
More information about the Gluster-users