[Gluster-users] stuck lock

Mario Kadastik mario.kadastik at cern.ch
Thu Dec 13 15:27:58 UTC 2012

Hi all,

two updates firstly. All gluster nodes right now are Scientific Linux 5.7 (Linux se1 2.6.18-308.16.1.el5 #1 SMP Wed Oct 3 00:53:20 EDT 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux) with gluster version 3.3.1. The client nodes that mount the volume over NFS are CentOS 6.3.

Also, finally after all else failed I unmounted (sometimes by force) the volume from everywhere, stopped glusterd and glusterfsd and after restarting them the issue had disappeared. However this is NOT a way I'd like to fix things as it was very very disruptive.

Mario Kadastik, PhD
Researcher

---
  "Physics is like sex, sure it may have practical reasons, but that's not why we do it"
     -- Richard P. Feynman