[Gluster-users] Gluster machines slowing down over time

Tom Hall thattommyhall at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 12:47:09 UTC 2012

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 10:41 AM, Brian Candler <B.Candler at pobox.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 04:13:15PM +0000, Tom Hall wrote:
> >    I have 2 gluster servers in replicated mode on EC2 with ~4G RAM
> >
> >    CPU and RAM look fine but over time the system becomes sluggish,
> >    particularly networking.
> >
> >    I notice when sshing into the machine takes ages and running remote
> >    commands with capistrano takes longer and longer.
>
> Do you have swap configured? Is the system going into swap?

No swap (default on that size EC2 instance)
Mem:          3750       3731         19          0        274       2929
-/+ buffers/cache:        526       3224
Swap:            0          0          0

Caching heavily but not using so much RAM

Have a look at output of "free", "vmstat 5" (for a minute or two),
> "iostat 5 -x" (ditto)

I'll get it next time we experience the issue.
Seems to slow down over a week or so so it might be a while...

Thanks guys!
Tom