[Gluster-users] FeedBack Requested : Changes to CLI output of 'peer status'

James purpleidea at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 19:16:03 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-08-28 at 13:02 -0600, Joe Topjian wrote:
> Hi James,
>
>         FWIW: I tend to agree on this point. The other question that
>         comes to
>         mind is what "quick" bash scripts are you writing for managing
>         gluster?
>

> "quick" might not have been the best word to use -- maybe "small"
> would have been better.
>

> For example, "peer status" + columns + grep + awk could be used for a
> small Nagios check command.
Gotcha...

As an aside,

If it's at all helpful to you, I've needed to parse some gluster --xml
and I've made this:
https://github.com/purpleidea/puppet-gluster/blob/master/files/xml.py
which I call from within bash (puppet) basically.

I'm hoping that it remains stable and I don't need to add versions
checks everywhere. It might be a good idea for nagios stuff too.

HTH,
James