[Gluster-users] FeedBack Requested : Changes to CLI output of 'peer status'

Joe Topjian joe at topjian.net
Tue Aug 28 18:51:10 UTC 2012

Hi Pranith,

On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 6:51 AM, Pranith Kumar Karampuri <
pkarampu at redhat.com> wrote:

>    Why not use --xml at the end of the command? That will print the output
> in xml format. Would that make it easy to parse?.

IMO, I can see --xml being useful for more "sophisticated" scripts that
utilize Perl, Python, or Ruby, however, for quick shell scripting, I can
see this being very difficult if not unusable.

Having the output print in set columns, though might wrap when printed on
<=80 char terminals, would make it very easy to parse with awk.

Thanks,
Joe