[Gluster-users] nginx using glusterfs volume issue, can't read concurrently

符永涛 yongtaofu at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 08:59:11 UTC 2012

Dear experts,

Currently I encountered an issue about nginx using glusterfs volume as
webroot.
It ends up with nginx can't read file concurrently.

for example if I download an large file from nginx http server from  two
clients one of them will block.

for example
[root at 10.10.135.21]$ curl
10.10.135.21:45678/mnt/teamshare/software/testfolder/test.10gfile -v  >
/dev/null

[root at 10.10.135.23]$ curl
10.10.135.21:45678/mnt/teamshare/software/testfolder/test.10gfile -v  >
/dev/null

the second download will block.

The issue only occur when nginx work with glusterfs volume. Apache with
glusterfs volume is fine.
My glusterfs version is 3.2.5.

Any one known what's the root cause?
Thank you very much!