[Gluster-users] dht hashing based on basename only?

Jeff Darcy jdarcy at redhat.com
Tue Aug 14 15:18:59 UTC 2012

On Tue, 14 Aug 2012 16:36:25 +0200 (CEST)
Jochen Klein <jklein at physi.uni-heidelberg.de> wrote:
> So, at the moment a rebalance operation sets the same mapping
> intervals for all directories instead of shuffling them. Thus, it
> cannot achieve a proper distribution of the files, which I would
> consider a bug (at least I hope it's not a feature).
>
> Should I then file a bug report? Or what's the best way to proceed?

This should definitely be a bug report.

	https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?product=GlusterFS

Thank you for bringing it to our attention.  FWIW, it seems to me that
the nature of both the problem and the solution is quite clear, so we
should be able to start pushing it through the process pretty quickly.