[Gluster-users] question about list directory missing files or hang

Brian Candler B.Candler at pobox.com
Tue Aug 14 08:17:58 UTC 2012

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 12:19:10AM -0700, Joe Julian wrote:
>    I'm betting that your bricks are formatted ext4. If they are, you have
>    a bug due to a recent structure change in ext4. If that is the problem,
>    you can downgrade your kernel to before they backported the change (not
>    sure which version that is though), or reformat your bricks xfs.

Do you have a link to any info on that issue?

Does it only affect RedHat, or does it also affect distros running new
kernels?

I am using ext4 rather than xfs because I was reliably able to make machines
running xfs lock up (these are Ubuntu not RedHat BTW) just by throwing
bonnie++ load at them, but not when running the same test on ext4.