[Gluster-users] Replica with non-uniform bricks

Brian Candler B.Candler at pobox.com
Mon Aug 13 20:16:00 UTC 2012

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 06:03:36PM +0200, s19n wrote:
>  So the question is: what is the expected behaviour when two bricks
> with different sizes are coupled to form a replica? Will the larger
> brick keep accepting writes even after the smallest brick has been
> filled up?

I haven't tested, but I'd expect ENOSPC when the smaller one files up.

I'd be inclined to split the larger server into two volumes: one the same
size as the smaller server, to form a replica set, and put the remaining
space in a single-volume brick for use as scratch space, backups, or
whatever.

Regards,

Brian.