[Gluster-users] Problems with volume after brick addition and rebalance

Nux! nux at li.nux.ro
Wed Aug 8 11:47:46 UTC 2012

Hello,

I have a v3.3 4 brick replica 2 volume and decided to expand it so I
added another 4 bricks to it. All went fine and I have not seen any
issues.
After that I decided it'd be best to issue a rebalance (I would guess
this is standard procedure after brick addition, no?) and so I did, the
command reported that it has started successfully.
The problem is that right after issuing the rebalance I can no longer
perform certain operations on this volume, specifically `ls` on
directories (ls /blah/file works, strangely enough) and `rm`.
Here's a paste of the rebalance log: http://fpaste.org/vBBb/

2 hours on and the status of the rebalance operation is still in
progress with 0 files:
http://fpaste.org/zHC7/

The volume contains a mixture of big (50GB) and small files (some
HTMLs).

All nodes are Centos 6.3 64bit, selinux and iptables turned off.
Glusterfs was installed from the RPMs provided at gluster.org (having
tried and hit the exact same problem previously with Kkeith's EPEL
rpms).

Any ideas?

Nux!
www.nux.ro