[Gluster-users] Gluster-users Digest, Vol 52, Issue 9

Marcus Bointon marcus at synchromedia.co.uk
Tue Aug 7 09:38:24 UTC 2012

On 7 Aug 2012, at 11:21, James wrote:

> The --xml flag was
> suggested by someone in irc, as a stable alternative to parsing the
> normal command line output (messy).

A while ago I encountered a project that implemented a shell much like zsh, but all the shell built-ins (like ls) had self-describing (a bit like WSDL) JSON interfaces in addition to their usual ones. Struck me as a really excellent idea - so much time is wasted writing scripts to parse random cli tool output and reformat it.

Of course I now can't find it...

Marcus
--
Marcus Bointon