[Gluster-users] dbench & similar - as a valid benchmark

lejeczek peljasz at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Apr 26 10:18:24 UTC 2012

well, if dbench was to give me close to real numbers then
these number look quite .. well, disappointing
quick tests on a single brick volume that fuse mountpoints
locally to show a massive disproportion
raw fs / gluster fuse
336.224 / 17.7982

I believe the volume is a standard one, meaning it wasn't
tweaked
could this be worked around somehow, tuned?

but if this kind of performance should be expected then I'll
have to abandon the idea of deploying gluster

thanks