[Gluster-users] Bricks suggestions

Gandalf Corvotempesta gandalf.corvotempesta at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 08:51:08 UTC 2012

2012/4/25 Brian Candler <B.Candler at pobox.com>

> Of course, if two bricks are on the same mountpoint, then the output of
> "df"
> will see the same amount of free space on both bricks. That is, adding
> together all the "df" output from the volumes which contain these bricks
> will be more than the actual free space available.

This is no good.
What do you think by starting with 2 distinct logical volume, one for web
and one for mail and then making a single XFS filesystem on each?

In this way, I'll be able to see the read disk usage for each brick and
i'll be able to move single bricks around.

I'll start with a single RAID10 and two LV on it and one bricks for each
LV. Is this good?