[Gluster-users] Gluster 3.2.6 for XenServer

Gerald Brandt gbr at majentis.com
Thu Apr 19 14:46:23 UTC 2012

Hi,

I have Gluster 3.2.6 RPM's for Citrix XenServer 6.0.  I've installed and mounted exports, but that's where I stopped.

My issues are:

1. XenServer mounts the NFS servers SR subdirectory, not the export. Gluster won't do that.
-- I can, apparently, mount the gluster export somewhere else, and then 'mount --bind' the subdir to the right place

2. I don't really know python, though I could fuddle my way through it, I guess.

What I thought would be cool, was to modify the nfs.py mount script. If the 'Advanced Options' field contained the word gluster, then instead of an NFS mount happening, it would do the gluster mount. All the magic of the NFS mount would remain, and happen on the gluster one.

Does this sound feasible? Is there anyone fluent in python that wants to help?

Gerald