[Gluster-users] IPoIB Volume (3.3b3) started but not online, not mountable

Harry Mangalam harry.mangalam at uci.edu
Wed Apr 18 22:58:39 UTC 2012

And one more observation that will probably be obvious in retrospect.
If you enable auth.allow (on 3.3b3), it will do reverse lookups to
verify hostnames so it will be more complicated to share an IPoIB
gluster volume to IPoEth clients.

I had been overriding DNS entries with /etc/hosts entries, but the
auth.allow option will prevent that hack.

If anyone knows how to share an IPoIB volume to ethernet clients in a
more formally correct way, I'd be happy to learn of it.

--
Harry Mangalam - Research Computing, OIT, Rm 225 MSTB, UC Irvine
[ZOT 2225] / 92697  Google Voice Multiplexer: (949) 478-4487