[Gluster-users] enabling NFS on a running gluster system

samuel samu60 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 07:13:13 UTC 2012

Hi all,

We're currently having a 2-nodes replicated-distributed gluster system
(version 3.2.2) where all the clients connect via the native gluster
client. There's been a requirement to connect via NFS to the existing
gluster and I'd like to ask to you whether the NFS can be dynamically
enabled,

Is it required to restart services in the server?
Is it required to remount existing clients?
There's a georeplica backend which I guess will not be affected, but is it
required to restart the replicacion?

As a side effect, would the existing "gluster" performance by degraded for
the activation of the NFS compatibility?

Thank you in advance.

Samuel.