[Gluster-users] Recovering out of sync nodes from input/output error

Alex Florescu alex.florescu at tripsolutions.co.uk
Fri Apr 13 12:10:57 UTC 2012

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 2:23 PM, Robert Hajime Lanning wrote:

> How about:
> getfattr -d -n trusted.gluster.dht /local
>
> He was asking for the attribute on the directory, not the file.

Sorry, I ran that too but forgot to include it. It's the same.
 getfattr -d -n trusted.gluster.dht /local
getfattr -d /local
<blank>

On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 3:49 PM, Jeff Darcy wrote:
> getfattr -d -e hex -n trusted.glusterfs.dht /a
> The format of this value is described here:
> http://hekafs.org/index.php/2011/04/glusterfs-extended-attributes/<http://hekafs.org/index.php/2011/04/glusterfs-extended-attributes/>

"The “quick-read” translator uses a magic xattr call to simulate an
open/read/close sequence – saving two out of three round trips for small
files. There are several others, but I’m going to concentrate on just two:
the trusted.glusterfs.dht xattr used by the DHT (distribution) translator,
and the trusted.afr.* xattrs used by the AFR (replication) translator."
----------- BTW, shouldn't we be looking for afr xattr, since I am using
replication?