[Gluster-users] Recovering out of sync nodes from input/output error

Jeff Darcy jdarcy at redhat.com
Thu Apr 12 17:58:57 UTC 2012

On 04/12/2012 01:21 PM, Rodrigo Severo wrote:
> Jeff, I believe that Alex is exactly saying that "stat /a" is failing with an
> input/output error. In such a case how could a "stat /a" be suficient? And not
> being suficient, what would be the fix?

The fact that the stat() is returning an error means that we're getting *into*
stat(), and that's the important thing because that's where self-heal would
occur* if it were working in this case.  The problem is that it doesn't seem to
be, and I'm still looking into that.

* Actually it's in lookup, which precedes stat, but that's an implementation
detail which shouldn't matter to anyone not actually hacking the code.