[Gluster-users] mount sub-directory

Robert Hajime Lanning lanning at lanning.cc
Wed Apr 11 01:11:36 UTC 2012

On 04/10/12 17:17, Gerald Brandt wrote:
> Can I do that with Gluster directly?
>
> Basically, what I'm trying to do, is get Gluster to work
> directly in Citrix XenServer.  When I export bob, and ask
> XenServer to create a storage repository, it creates sally
> and then mounts sally as the storage repo.

You can't mount subdirectories using the fuse mount.
I use bind mount to get around this.

Mount gluster somewhere (/gluster/vol01) and then bind mount
to where you want.

mount --bind /gluster/vol01/sally /home/sally

/etc/fstab:
glusternode01:/vol01 /glusterfs/vol01 glusterfs defaults,transport=tcp,_netdev 0 0
/glusterfs/vol01/sally /home/sally none bind,_netdev 0 0

--
Mr. Flibble
King of the Potato People