[Gluster-users] GlusterFS + Xenserver

Kyle kyle at ozu.es
Mon Apr 9 08:57:50 UTC 2012

Hi list

Several months ago I built a configuration based on Gluster+Xen Server.
Each Xenserver offers its disk as a brick in a gluster storage and each
Xenserver connects to the glusterFS as NFS repository (kill two birds with
one stone...)

More or less this scenario is working properly but I am watching in a
cluster of two Xenservers that I/O wait is nearly 50% with no vm started
up and the two bricks syncronized (~300GB)

Gluster Version is 3.2.5 compiled to 2.6.32

Gluster Volume configured like the following:

Volume Name: ngs
Type: Replicate
Number of Bricks: 2
Transport-type: tcp
Bricks:
Brick1: xcp-b40:/mnt/1
Brick2: xcp-b30:/mnt/1
Options Reconfigured:
performance.read-ahead: on
performance.io-cache: on
performance.write-behind-window-size: 4MB
performance.io-thread-count: 64
performance.cache-size: 134217728
nfs.trusted-sync: on
nfs.port: 2049

Can anyone help me to try to get better performance?

PS: The rest of Xenservers glusterfs are configured like this, but they
aren't as large as this.