[Gluster-users] files on stripe not visible with ls or stat, but files visible at the filesystem layer can still be cat'd / viewed through the gluster fuse layer (you just have to know the file name)

Sabuj Pattanayek sabujp at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 21:30:56 UTC 2012

Hi,

I've got a strange issue inside of a directory on a 5 brick stripe. ls
or stat doesn't show any of the files in the directory through the
gluster fuse mount and I get this error in the client logs :

[2012-04-05 16:19:58.327166] W [fuse-bridge.c:2095:fuse_readdir_cbk]
0-glusterfs-fuse: 1417: READDIR => -1 (No such file or directory)
[2012-04-05 16:21:32.647667] E
[client3_1-fops.c:411:client3_1_stat_cbk] 0-pirstripe-client-2: remote
operation failed: No such file or directory
[2012-04-05 16:21:32.647925] E
[client3_1-fops.c:411:client3_1_stat_cbk] 0-pirstripe-client-3: remote
operation failed: No such file or directory
[2012-04-05 16:21:32.647981] E
[client3_1-fops.c:411:client3_1_stat_cbk] 0-pirstripe-client-1: remote
operation failed: No such file or directory
[2012-04-05 16:21:32.648034] E
[client3_1-fops.c:411:client3_1_stat_cbk] 0-pirstripe-client-4: remote
operation failed: No such file or directory

However, if I cat the file through the fuse layer the contents show
up. I can also see that the files exist in the filesystem layer on all
the bricks. Files which are smaller than the stripe size exist on one
of the nodes and all the other files are 0 byted, which looks correct.
Large files are properly split across the bricks. I've tried
restarting glusterd and glusterfsd on the bricks, unmounting and
remounting the fuse mount point from several clients, but the files
still don't want to show up. The server logs don't show any errors
whenever I try an ls in the directory, the READDIR error only shows up
in the client log.

How can I get the files to show up in ls?

Thanks,
Sabuj