[Gluster-users] quota command fails for directory with colon in its name

Mitsue Acosta Murakami mitsue at webcenter.com.br
Mon Apr 2 16:15:37 UTC 2012

Hello,

I am testing Glusterfs_3.2.6-1 on Debian Squeeze to host our email storage.

I am experiencing problems to set disk limit to directories. If there is
a  directory with colon in its name, quota command fails to show disk
usage for all directories:

~# gluster volume quota testeGluster limit-usage
/domain/users/teste\:cal 5GB

~# gluster volume quota testeGluster list

     path          limit_set         size

/domain          30GB
/domain/users/abacate       10GB
/domain/users/adailton       10GB
/domain/users/adiministrativo       10GB
/domain/users/administrativo       10GB
/domain/users/agv       10GB
/domain/users/teste    cal:5GB
.
.
umount: /tmp/mntjJiIDt: not mounted

Note that the directory name (teste:cal) appears with blank spaces and
at the end of the list there is this message: "umount: /tmp/mntjJiIDt:
not mounted"

After removing the limit of the directory with colon, quota list command
displays the size again:

~# gluster volume quota testeGluster remove /domain/users/teste\:cal

~# gluster volume quota testeGluster list

     path          limit_set         size

/domain          30GB               12.2GB
/domain/users/abacate       10GB              376.0KB
/domain/users/adailton       10GB                2.1MB
/domain/users/adiministrativo       10GB               0Bytes
/domain/users/administrativo       10GB               0Bytes
/domain/users/agv       10GB              184.0KB

Is there a way to fix this?

Mitsue Acosta Murakami