[Gluster-users] ZFS + Linux + Glusterfs for a production ready 100+ TB NAS on cloud

David Miller david3d at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 17:44:56 UTC 2011

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 1:32 PM, David Miller <david3d at gmail.com> wrote:

> Couldn't you  accomplish the same thing with flashcache?
> https://github.com/facebook/flashcache/

I should expand on that a little bit.  Flashcache is a kernel module created
by Facebook that uses the device mapper interface in Linux to provide a ssd
cache layer to any block device.

What I think would be interesting is using flashcache with a pcie ssd as the
caching device.  That would add about $500-$600 to the cost of each brick
node but should be able to buffer the active IO from the spinning media
pretty well.

Somthing like this.
http://www.amazon.com/OCZ-Technology-Drive-240GB-Express/dp/B0058RECUE or
something from FusionIO if you want something that's aimed more at the
enterprise.
--
David