[Gluster-users] Filename completion and relative problems

Krzysztof Strasburger strasbur at chkw386.ch.pwr.wroc.pl
Wed Sep 28 11:44:01 UTC 2011

Hi all,
after upgrading from 2.0.10rc1 to 3.1.7, filename completion on glusterfs
filesystem stopped working. We could live without that, but a more serious
problem appears, which is IMHO related to the same missing(?) feature.
When the WWW browser (firefox) is configured to ask the user, where to
save downloaded files, it crashes immediately after displaying the
dialog window. This is a problem we cannot live with.
I have read through the translator options file, but nothing seems to be
appropriate.
The volume is dht, migrated from unify, therefore mounted with
lookup-unhashed (volfile appended). Nothing worrying appears in logfiles.
Is there a known method to overcome this problem?
Regards
Krzysztof

volume home-1
 type protocol/client
 option transport-type tcp
 option remote-host 192.168.7.1
 option transport.socket.remote-port 6996
 option remote-subvolume home-locks
end-volume

volume home-2
 type protocol/client
 option transport-type tcp
 option remote-host 192.168.7.2
 option transport.socket.remote-port 6996
 option remote-subvolume home-locks
end-volume

volume home-3
 type protocol/client
 option transport-type tcp
 option remote-host 192.168.7.3
 option transport.socket.remote-port 6996
 option remote-subvolume home-locks
end-volume

volume home-4
 type protocol/client
 option transport-type tcp
 option remote-host 192.168.7.4
 option transport.socket.remote-port 6996
 option remote-subvolume home-locks
end-volume

volume home-5
 type protocol/client
 option transport-type tcp
 option remote-host 192.168.7.5
 option transport.socket.remote-port 6996
 option remote-subvolume home-locks
end-volume

volume home-6
 type protocol/client
 option transport-type tcp
 option remote-host 192.168.7.6
 option transport.socket.remote-port 6996
 option remote-subvolume home-locks
end-volume

volume home-7
 type protocol/client
 option transport-type tcp
 option remote-host 192.168.7.7
 option transport.socket.remote-port 6996
 option remote-subvolume home-locks
end-volume

volume home-8
 type protocol/client
 option transport-type tcp
 option remote-host 192.168.7.8
 option transport.socket.remote-port 6996
 option remote-subvolume home-locks
end-volume

volume home-9
 type protocol/client
 option transport-type tcp
 option remote-host 192.168.7.9
 option transport.socket.remote-port 6996
 option remote-subvolume home-locks
end-volume

volume home-10
 type protocol/client
 option transport-type tcp
 option remote-host 192.168.7.10
 option transport.socket.remote-port 6996
 option remote-subvolume home-locks
end-volume

volume home-11
 type protocol/client
 option transport-type tcp
 option remote-host 192.168.7.11
 option transport.socket.remote-port 6996
 option remote-subvolume home-locks
end-volume

volume home-12
 type protocol/client
 option transport-type tcp
 option remote-host 192.168.7.12
 option transport.socket.remote-port 6996
 option remote-subvolume home-locks
end-volume

volume home-1-7
 type cluster/afr
 subvolumes home-1 home-7
end-volume

volume home-2-8
 type cluster/afr
 subvolumes home-2 home-8
end-volume

volume home-3-9
 type cluster/afr
 subvolumes home-3 home-9
end-volume

volume home-4-10
 type cluster/afr
 subvolumes home-4 home-10
end-volume

volume home-5-11
 type cluster/afr
 subvolumes home-5 home-11
end-volume

volume home-6-12
 type cluster/afr
 subvolumes home-6 home-12
end-volume

volume home
 type cluster/dht
 option lookup-unhashed yes
 subvolumes home-1-7 home-2-8 home-3-9 home-4-10 home-5-11 home-6-12
end-volume