[Gluster-users] nfs mount ofr glusterfs shows inconsistent behavior

Neetu Ojha neetuojha.cdac at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 11:47:45 UTC 2011

Dear Gluster team,

  I have deployed glusterfs 3.2.2 on my cluster. The gluster volume is auto
mounted using nfs. For the mount point we had changed the ownership and have
uid for the login same across the cluster.

We tried an application which read and write input files on gluster volumes.
The application was run parallely  by submitting through PBS and the logs
generated showing that the permission denied on all the compute nodes.

The behavior of nfs point is inconsistent as sometime  it allows access to
the mount point and other time it shows permission denied.

It will be a worthy help if it can be suggested to us glusterfs volume
should be or should not be mounted with nfs auto mount. As we have faced
many problem till now.

REgards
Neetu