[Gluster-users] Gluster 3.2 configurations + translators

Greg_Swift at aotx.uscourts.gov Greg_Swift at aotx.uscourts.gov
Thu Sep 15 13:49:44 UTC 2011

gluster-users-bounces at gluster.org wrote on 09/15/2011 08:40:52 AM:

> i'm little confused about gluster configuration interface. I did start
> with gluster 3.2 and i did all configurations using gluster cli
> command.
> Now when i was looking into way how to tune performance i find out in
> documentation on many places some pieces of text configuration files,
> but usually there is a warning that it is old and should be not used.
>
> Right now im solving how to turn on io-cache and i find in some
> documentation that it need to be turned on on server and client end as
> well.
> On server i did use
> gluster volume set atlas performance.io-cache on
>
> but on client gluser command die on timeout or error that glusterd
> not working.
>
> So question is how to configure correctly client end on gluster  ?
> There is very little about this on gluster 3.2 documentation and i
> don't know how much from 3.1 can be used here. And is there any
> translator documentation for gluster 3.2 ?

With the newer versions they are really pushing away from having to
manually configure bits.  As long as your client is configured to pull its
configuration file from the server when you run the command on the server
the client should get an updated config file.

You should be able to look in the clients log file and see the fact that
the config file updated (I don't have an example at the moment).

Another way you can check this is if the number of connections from the
client to the server (netstat -pant | grep gluster | wc -l) increases after
you make the change. (should increase by the count of bricks in the volume
i believe).

-greg