[Gluster-users] Replica out of sync using NFS

Gerald Brandt gbr at majentis.com
Tue Sep 13 16:47:45 UTC 2011

Hi,

I have two replicated bricks.  I mounted brick1 as NFS, and started writing/creating files.

I didn't see those changed replicated to brick2.

I then mounted the gluster share with the gluster client, and did a:
# find <gluster-mount> - noleaf -print0 | xags -- null stat > /dev/null

And then the two bricks synced.

Does the gluster client do the sync, or should it sync when mounting only 1 brick via NFS?

I've done all of this stuff using DRBD/hearbeat, but I'm hoping to replace the system with gluster/ucarp

Gerald