[Gluster-users] cannot access /mnt/glusterfs: Stale NFS file handle

phil cryer phil at cryer.us
Mon Sep 12 17:02:51 UTC 2011

I've mounted my glusterfs share as I always do:
mount -t glusterfs `hostname`:/bhl-volume /mnt/glusterfs

and I can see it in df:
# df -h | tail -n1
clustr-01:/bhl-volume        90T   51T   39T  57% /mnt/glusterfs

but I can't change into it, or access any of the files in it:
# ls -al /mnt/glusterfs
ls: cannot access /mnt/glusterfs: Stale NFS file handle

Any idea what could be causing this? It was working fine last week (in
fact I haven't remounted it in months and have had clients accessing
it constantly), but we did do a reboot across all 6 of the nodes over
the weekend.

details and version numbers:
# uname -a; glusterfs -V
Linux clustr-01 2.6.32-5-amd64 #1 SMP Tue Jun 14 09:42:28 UTC 2011
x86_64 GNU/Linux
glusterfs 3.1.2 built on Jan 16 2011 18:14:56
Repository revision: v3.1.1-64-gf2a067c
Copyright (c) 2006-2010 Gluster Inc. <http://www.gluster.com>
GlusterFS comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
You may redistribute copies of GlusterFS under the terms of the GNU
Affero General Public License.

http://philcryer.com