[Gluster-users] Recreating volumes and remaining extended attribs

gluster1206 at akxnet.de gluster1206 at akxnet.de
Sat Sep 3 13:28:44 UTC 2011

Hi!

After the serious trouble after extending Gluster to three bricks, I had
to resetup my servers.

Presently using NFS, I am trying to setup Gluster again.

After having had trouble with the first trial, I deleted and tried to
recreate a test volume which returns

'xxxxxxxxxxx:/data/tmp' has been part of a deleted volume with id
57a51a42-1e11-4c6e-95f0-1e9105a88e20. Please re-create the brick directory.

an attr -l /data/tmp/ gives

Attribute "gfid" has a 16 byte value for /data/tmp/
Attribute "glusterfs.volume-id" has a 16 byte value for /data/tmp/
Attribute "glusterfs.dht" has a 16 byte value for /data/tmp/

The partition is mounted at /data/tmp but regardless whether it is
mounted with or without user_xattr, I cannot get rid of these
attributes. When unmounted, the mount point has no attribs. Deleting the
attribs with attr -r fails.

Any suggestion?