[Gluster-users] quota calculation gluster 3.2.3

Mohammed Junaid junaid at gluster.com
Fri Sep 2 00:48:30 UTC 2011

Hi Anthony,

To debug this further, can you send the output of

getfattr -n trusted.glusterfs.quota.size -e hex /soft/venus
getfattr -n trusted.glusterfs.quota.size -e hex /soft/venus/test
getfattr -n trusted.glusterfs.quota.size -e hex /soft/venus/psa
getfattr -n trusted.glusterfs.quota.size -e hex /soft/venus/soft

from both the machine. Also check the output of

gluster volume quota Replicate list

Sometimes it takes a small amount of time to bring up the sizes. Also, what
kind of data where you creating (I mean large amount of small files or large
files because in case of small files, the directory sizes are not accounted
by quota to calculate the size unlike the du -h command which uses the
directory size as well).

Junaid