[Gluster-users] glusterfs over rdma ... not.

Harry Mangalam harry.mangalam at uci.edu
Sat Nov 5 15:16:40 UTC 2011

Thanks for the help, Joe,

This looks like the problem:

==================================
$ ibv_devinfo
Failed to get IB devices list: Function not implemented
==================================

There appears to be a problem..  Either i don';t have a valid IB
driver or the device isn't recognized.  lsmod says:

$ lsmod |egrep '(ib|rdma)'
rdma_cm                31030  0
ib_cm                  40316  1 rdma_cm
iw_cm                   9385  1 rdma_cm
ib_sa                  22006  2 rdma_cm,ib_cm
ib_addr                 6766  1 rdma_cm
ib_mthca              140934  0
ib_mad                 41321  3 ib_cm,ib_sa,ib_mthca
ib_core                64935  6
rdma_cm,ib_cm,iw_cm,ib_sa,ib_mthca,ib_mad

so the card seems to be recognized and the driver is loaded (google
says this card is suboptimal for such an infrastructure but I
inherited this testbed so will have to deal with it for now).

hjm

--
Harry Mangalam - Research Computing, OIT, Rm 225 MSTB, UC Irvine
[ZOT 2225] / 92697  Google Voice Multiplexer: (949) 478-4487