[Gluster-users] Gluster freezing

공용준(yongjoon kong)/Cloud Computing 사업담당 andrew.kong at sk.com
Tue May 31 16:14:08 UTC 2011

In my case, one of the brick( I use distributed replication) is gone in zombie status,

The file system is just like freezing

For ping test with bricks, it looks like it's up and running ( Using gluster brick status, it looks like connected )

But when I try to log into that brick thru sshd, it failed with time out.

In that situation, Gluster is freezing.

Every volume is going to be in read-only mode.

I tried everything to turn it back to normal. But nothing works except rebooting the zombie brick it.

I really doubt there's some huge issue on brick membership management.