[Gluster-users] Files are duplicated after renaming (with glusterfs+zfs-fuse)

Amar Tumballi amar at gluster.com
Tue May 31 05:45:21 UTC 2011

Hi Ken,

Find the answers inline.

> I installed glusterfs (version 3.1.3) with zfs-fuse (0.6.9) as the
> underlying filesystem.
>
> After renaming a file, I found the file is duplicated.
>
> As per the details given below, that is possible.

> Is any way to fix this problem?

Use a posix complaint filesystem as the backend.

> BTW, I found the ACL list of test1.cc in /tank/exp2 looks different:
> ----------  1 root root 0 2011-05-31 11:38 test1.cc
> If I use ext4 as the underlying filesystem, the ACL list will look like:
> ---------T 1 root root 0 2011-05-31 11:38 test1.cc
>
> I'm wondering what does the character 'T' in the ACL list mean.
> Is it related to the problem?

Yes. That is the reason of the problem. The character 'T' in the ACL list
means its having a stickybit set. (perm 01000). We treat files with
permission 01000 (ie, ---------T type) as link files in 'cluster/distribute'
translator and filter it out in 'readdir()' call. If the permission of that
link file is different, then it treats it as a regular file, and hence
readdir() sends duplicate entries for the same file.

Regards,
Amar